The holidays are upon us and before you gain that dreaded holiday weight I'd like to pass along an easy recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth as well as help ward off out of control cravings! The combination of almond butter and protein powder help fill you up while the cacao or cocoa powder give you the illusion you are having a treat.
I know when choosing a protein powder it can be tricky. I am very particular about what my family and I eat and I have tested a ton of powders. Some are grainy and mealy no matter what you add to them. Some taste like junk and some just are junk! The one that I swear by is Garden of Life Raw Meal. I use the vanilla flavor which a friend said reminded her of cake batter. If you follow the link above on the Raw Meal you can read a review.
Feel free to alter these bites to your liking by adding chopped cranberries, roll them in unsweetened shredded coconut or enjoy them as is. As always, enjoy and let me know if you make them!
- 6 tablespoons of nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 scoop of raw meal protein powder (I used the vanilla flavor. You can use what ever protein powder you have on hand.)
Instructions (makes 8 - 10)
- Put all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll into bite size pieces.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.